Saturday, April 18, 2009

Educated Morons and Intellectual Ignoramuses

I received PhPesos 140.00 for the "task" (laundry) well done aside from a PhP 30.00 for my snacks.

Kuya Boy as I used to call him is one of the persons I get related with. Like others , from different sectors I immersed with, I listened to his story.

He came from Mindoro, a place of beautiful resorts and beaches to find what Metro Manila could offer him.

Finished as 3 grader in elementary school, he lost interest in attending school in his early age to do farm works to help provide his family needs. A typical barriotic child in the country side. He adventured from one trade to another until he settled as company driver in Pasay City . With meager salary, he raises his family with 3 children.

Truthfulness to his words reminds of the peasants who are not degree holders and hardly spell own names and write with difficulties. They fulfill what they have committed. They show early to scheduled meetings. Palabra de honor is their common denominator.

Opposite to other persons I know, educated with higher learnings and universally categorized as “professional” but in realities or in the conduct of their professions are contrary to their ethics.

Master, doctor, law, engineering and other higher learnings blinded them enough to disregard the seal of agreement or what is expected from them and intoxicated enough to be insensitive to reciprocal of respect and self denial in pursuit of mutual or common good.

I was engaged with a UP Graduate student for his master’s thesis. After his completion of his Master’s degree, he did not pay me my PhP 20,000.00 consulting fee. To make my experience forgettable, I just consider him as one of the special children (down syndrome case) with special needs.

I earned an accumulated commission income of PhP---- but I am not paid despite of the efforts to collect them through demand letters and confrontation to the president and vice president who is a licensed accountant of an advertising company. These two executives are professional swindlers and like their company name, they are like Satan who transformed into a bright star and fell.

Atty. Shalemar Buenaventura, a lawyer, who I helped for his means when he was at the time of his law studies, double-crossed me in the advertising business I put up with my aunts’ money. Multi-million pesos is now involved but this lawyer with Llb diploma and passed the bar together his confederators CPA's by profession learned not the laws against syndicated estafa and the Philippine Corporate Code.

There was an engineer,consulted to me for his honey bee and essentials products marketing and SCA.I provided him the key-pointers. When I asked for 20-25 bottles of the honey products for sampling and feedback to be used for inputs in his SCA, the educated engineer demanded 50% down payment from me for the products I asked. Blatant opportunist and money-wiser. He did not pay my PhP50,000.00 consulting fee.

More disappointing engagements happened with "educated" clients who consulted from preparation of Article of Association and Incorporation to policies,systems and controls to business development and so on not to mention my encounters with the academe sector (http://raniagustin.blogspot.com/2008/12/teaching.html#links) and the government and private institution "professionals".

It is false to say with unanimity that once a person is educated with higher learnings or diplomas, the person is professional.

The truth is professionalism grows in someone’s heart—educated or not.

I do not wonder if there are a lot of educated morons and intellectual ignoramuses. Their hearts are barren---pre occupied by Satan.

No comments: