Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Big Lies of Arellano University and the Labor Arbiter's (Stupid) Decision

After two weeks of protest and few hours of hunger strike the decision of the Labor Arbiter Ramon Valentino Reyes on my complaint against Arellano University is released.

FACTS: In October 2008, I was given by the School of Business and Commerce of Arellano University in Pasay the Strategic Management teaching loads for 2nd Semester Academic Year 2008-2009. I prepared and submitted my Course Syllabus to the office of Dean Mary Jean Manalili. I was also preparing the case texts of General Electric for my class case study.

In November 7, 2008, Dean Manalili cancelled all my teaching loads and will not teach anymore in Arellano for 3 grounds; 1) Sexual harassment charge of one of my students who I failed for not meeting the minimum requirements; 2) lack of Master’s degree; and 3) disobedience. (Accordingly, my teaching loads were given to Profs. Fabian and Salvador).

I appealed the matter to the Human Resource Department Vice President Frderick Dedace contesting the abuse of discretion of the SBC dean. Mr. Dedace ignored my appeal.

I charged the University for Unfair Labor Practices (illegal dismissal) in November 17-18, 2008 to Labor Department National Labor Relations Commission. I am dismissed without the due process of law and 2 letters of dismissal.

I demanded for my reinstatement, fullbackwages and research allowance, etc.

DEFENSE (LIES) OF ARELLANO: I am not dismissed by the University. In loco parentis my appointment is not renewed. My contract expired by the end of first Semester.


FACTS: Affidavit (OF ARELLANO UNIVERSITY) submitted is with emphasis on sexual harassment charges of Ms. Magdalena Manding. The University did not explain the abuse of discretion of Mrs. Manalili.

DECISION OF LABOR ARBITER (Based on the Copies of the Decision furnished to me by the NLRC National Capital Region): UNFAIR LABOR PRACTICES-ILLEGAL DISMISSAL CHARGE AGAINST ARELLANO UNIVERSITY IS DISMISSED DUE TO LACK OF MERITS AND LEGAL BASIS.

BASES OF DECISION: ON THE PREMISE THAT I AM NOT DISMISSED BUT MY CONTRACT OF APPOINTMENT IS NOT RENEWED DUE TO MY "POOR PERFORMANCE".

ANALYSIS: Labor Arbiter Ramon Valentino Reyes judged the case based on Arellano rhetoric without evidence and based on false premise and disregard my position with evidences and based the "poor performance" which Arellano University did not mention inits COunter Affidavit, Replies and Rejoinder. My Performance as per the record and signed by the Dean is "Very Satisfactory" the highest remark they could give to Faculty Members. How the inutile arbiter (as his bosses)could tell that my performance is poor?

Labor Arbiter is a disgraced to Labor Department and make the whole department stupid and that reflects the Chief Executive Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo's futility in executing the law to ensure a just and peaceful Philippine Society.

No comments: